Tuesday, June 30, 2015

My First Roll of Film with the Leica M3 and Summicron 50mm f/2 DR Lens

I breathed a big sigh of relief when I glanced over the contact sheet from my first roll of film that I had shot with my Leica M3. There was still a cloud of mystery as to whether or not the M3 had sustained any damage after I dropped it recently http://felixgphoto.blogspot.kr/2015/06/i-dropped-my-leica-m3-besides-that-it.html

I shot a roll of Ilford HP5 ISO 400 Black and White film and as you can see below, I think the results are pretty good for my first go with a Leica. I still have to get used to using a rangefinder, it takes a little getting used to as far as framing the shot.

All images captured with Leica Summicron 50mm f/2 DR lens.


Pictured: Leica M6 TTL Titanium. No this isn't my M6. Mine is all black!



Father (left) and Son (right)




John Steele working his magic at Namsangol Village




Below... these are the kinds of photographs I am looking forward to capturing with my Leica M3. This little girl found so much joy and simple happiness by playing with the water fountain on a hot day. Her smile in the third shot says it all. Good job Leica M3!




No comments:

Post a Comment