Friday, June 26, 2015

Minolta Hi-Matic 7S Delivered Today

The Felix G vintage camera craze continues...

Today I took delivery of a super cool Minolta Hi-Matic 7S 35mm rangefinder camera. It features a 40mm Rokkor f/1.8 lens. This camera can be shot in fully automatic mode, which was a very advanced feature for its time. The camera was released in 1966 and saw great popularity.

This one is in extremely good condition and came with the original box and case. My vintage camera collection is really starting to grow and I'm still amazed at how inexpensive some of these cameras are. I paid just $35 USD (plus shipping) for this beautiful camera. What a bargain!

I can't shoot with it yet because it needs a 1.35v battery which is common for cameras like this from the 1960's and 70's but isn't particularly easy to find in stores. I have had to order these from eBay in the past, fortunately there are a few sellers who carry them.


No comments:

Post a Comment