Saturday, August 15, 2015

Sony Zeiss FE 35mm f/2.8

I haven't shot with it nearly enough, and the only reason I can think of why is that I have been shooting photos for my job in the army more than anything else, and there is NO WAY I am ever taking my Sony A7M2 out of the bag to shoot army stuff. There's far too much dirt and dust and it just wouldn't be smart to expose a camera like this to possible damage in a military shooting environment.

That being said, by far, it's the best digital camera in my inventory. I'm not really that keen on spending close to $3000 for the new A7RII and I don't have a practical need for a 42mp camera at this time. My A7II does everything I need and produces extremely high quality images BUT (here's the rub) I don't have a lot of native lenses for this full-frame e-mount camera. I do have the Sony LA-EA4 adapter, and that's great that I can mount all my a-mount glass, but as far as native e-mount glass, I'm limited. 

I have the 28-70mm kit lens, and it's pretty good, but not spectacular. I also have the outstanding Zeiss Loxia 50mm f/2 but it's manual focus only. So I wanted a high-quality, versatile, auto focus lens that wouldn't break the bank. The Sony Zeiss 35mm f/2.8 fit that bill. 

I bought this one used from my number one camera dealer in Korea for $540. I always buy from this particular supplier whenever possible because when I buy a used item, it is always in like new condition and he always throws in a few free goodies like a filter and lens cloth.

The Sony Zeiss 35mm f/2.8 lens is small, light weight and compact and is fitted with a unique, sort of funny looking lens hood that kind of grows on you after a while. I've only had it for a day and just shot a couple quick images with it. Please note: the sample images below were taken with a Sony A6000.



Please note: the sample images below were taken with a Sony A6000 with Zeiss 35mm f/2.8






No comments:

Post a Comment