Monday, July 14, 2014

New Lens - Tokina 11-6mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro Wide Angle

I've always been rather envious of landscape photographers, those beautiful sunrise or sunset shots of a rocky beach or long exposure, misty mornings on a rice paddy, that sort of business. So I decided to do something about it and went out and bought myself a nice wide angle lens (not a fish eye).

The Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 wide angle seemed like just the ticket and after watching a few review videos and checking out some sample footage and photos, it seemed like the right lens to compliment my new Sony A65 for landscape photography. Now I don't think for a moment that owning this lens will immediately vault me to the status of expert landscape photographer like John Steele or Sungjin Kim but I am convinced that with some experience, trial and error and lots and lots of hiking, I might one day be as good as those two awesome landscape photographers.

I just ordered it a week ago, I'll be sure to post my own sample photos as soon as I get it!








No comments:

Post a Comment