Thursday, July 3, 2014

I Went All In - Sony Zeiss 24-70mm SAL f/2.8

I have been on a frenzy as of late, new camera, new lenses, spending butt loads of money, which is so unlike me and all for what? Well, I'll tell you...

I have been shooting photos for a long, long time, even so, lately I've been noticing a vast improvement in the quality of my images, quality that I've been wringing out of my admittedly inexpensive, albeit sizable, inventory of lenses. But I just felt the time is now to step up the quality of my gear. Just two days ago I purchased one hell of a zoom lens in the Sony 70-300mm SAL G lens and today I complimented that addition with the Sony Zeiss 24-70mm SAL f/2.8 lens, the very best there is. And boy did it cost me.

As always, I purchased this lens used on eBay and got a decent deal compared to buying new. The Sony Zeiss 24-70mm lens retails for around $1900. I paid $1499 today on eBay, the nice thing is, the seller is here locally in Seoul, so I don't have to wait for it to be shipped. I'm picking it up tomorrow.

As I mentioned a moment ago, this Sony Zeiss lens is the best there is, so I didn't mind shelling out a few extra bucks. I'm here in Korea for a total of two years, busting my ass in the army, away form my family and loved ones, working day in and day out near the most heavily militarized border in the world, I deserved to treat myself to this fine lens.

Check out some sample images below, you'll see right away, this lens is the real deal. My gift to myself, at the end of my tour in Korea, will be a Sony A99. That ought to set me up real nice...










No comments:

Post a Comment