Friday, October 23, 2015

My Konica IIIa Back from the Shop... and it Works!


Konica IIIa


I was terribly excited when I first took reception of my vintage Konica IIIa a few months ago. However, as you may or may not have previously read, I discovered, after my first test roll of film, that the range finder was off and therefore, I was unable to focus accurately as attested by the sample photos below. 

One of the great things about living in South Korea, as a photographer, is the abundance of reputable and reasonably-priced camera repair shops. So I wasted no time in taking my Konica IIIa in for some tender loving care.


As you can see, the range finder is off considerably...


Thank goodness for the awesome repair shops here in Seoul!


Below, photos from my test roll AFTER the Konica IIIa came back from the shop. Nice!


As you can see, they did a great job. The camera is now functioning "like new" and the range finder is dead on! Such a relief. Now I can go out and start taking some nice shots with the confidence that the photos will be in focus! Thanks camera repair guy!



No comments:

Post a Comment