Saturday, September 5, 2015

On the Street with Sony Zeiss 35mm f/2.8 and Sony A7II

From what I've experienced so far with the Sony A7II I'm seriously considering selling off all of my A Mount glass and Sony DSLR's and completely switching over to mirrorless E Mount. The quality is off the charts, and the camera bodies are smaller and lighter, so are the lenses for that matter.

I don't out my Sony A7II often enough, normally that's because I'm shooting stuff for the army most of the time and that can be a harsh, rough environment. I tend to throw my Sony A77's in the bag for that kind of work. Don't mind getting those bodies roughed up a little. But this A7II is like a Mercedes Benz. I just want to keep a cover on it, wash and detail it every weekend.

But, cameras are for shooting, so this weekend I have a pass and am spending my liberty down near Ansan, South Korea doing street photography (and picking up a Sony RX100 IV from my dealer).

I just got back to my hotel room and wanted to share some quick snap shots from a short walk on the streets around my hotel.

This camera and lens combination is awesome and versatile. 35mm is a good focal length for street photography but I think I prefer the 50 because I can get in a little closer when it counts without disturbing the subject.

Here are a few shots from the Sony A7II mounted with the Sony Zeiss 35mm f/2.8 E Mount. These images are straight from the camera, untouched. .jpg / fine Approx 6mb file size.











Hotel lobby. ISO 6400. Wow, great in low light, just like the A6000.


The images above and below are cropped about 75%. Still maintains tremendous detail!


No comments:

Post a Comment