Saturday, February 14, 2015

First Shot - Hasselblad 503CW

One of the best parts about having a shooting buddy is that I've always got a photography subject close by, and really, I find great pleasure in photographing friends, especially friends who are photographers.

Turner is a good person, devoted family man and a passionate photographer.

It was Turner who reminded me of a critical step in film photography, which is to keep a notebook detailing camera settings and lighting conditions for each photo. This is an essential step, not dissimilar to zeroing a scope on a rifle. Unfortunately, I made the rookie mistake of not keeping notes on my first roll of film, so I can't even tell you what the settings were for this shot. All I know is that it was shot on expired AGFA APX ISO 100 black and white film.

The photo below is one of the first shots that I took with the Hasselblad 503CW and it is a promising sign. With time, knowledge and practice I am certain I will get some great results.

The next Episode of our Hey Don't Shoot YouTube show is about film photography, I should have it edited and posted by next weekend.

Check out Turner's photography at the following links:

https://www.facebook.com/turnerhuntphoto
http://turnerhuntphoto.smugmug.com/


"Turner" - Shot with Hasselblad 503CW


Hasselblad 503CW

No comments:

Post a Comment