Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Camera Anyone?

The Seoul Techno Mart is a 9 story mega-shopping center for cameras and electronics. There's an observation deck on the 9th floor that offers stunning views of the Han River. There are a seemingly infinite amount of cameras and lenses on display. If you're a photography enthusiast, it's a fun way to spend a couple hours.

There are some good deals to be had. I had JUST ordered a Minolta 50mm f/1.4 from an eBay seller for $250 USD, however, while at the Techno Mart, I spotted a really nice one in a glass display case. It was priced at $200 and while I sat there contemplating life, the merchant quickly dropped his asking price to $170. I was really giving it consideration because I could just turn around and resell the lens I just bought on eBay, even if I took a small loss I would still save a few bucks. Before I knew it, the merchant dropped the price to $130, I hadn't even said a word, I was just THINKING about buying the lens. Finally, he said with a thick Korean accent "Final price, $110." To which I replied "I'll take it".

I figured I'd have to resell the eBay lens but to my good fortune, I contacted the seller and he was able to stop the shipment at the USPS office the very next morning and he issued me a full refund.

Now that's a pretty big savings on a nice lens. A difference of $140 dollars? Thank you Seoul Techno Mart.

More on the Seoul Techno Mart:

http://m.visitseoul.net/en/m/article/article.do?_method=view&m=&p=02&menu=0003001005005&art_id=619





View from the 9th floor of the Seoul Techno Mart




Awesome escalator at the Seoul Techno Mart

No comments:

Post a Comment