Friday, September 17, 2021

This Handsome Couple in Seoul

 




Recently, I had the pleasure of doing a street style photo shoot for a handsome young couple in Seoul, South Korea. @isick_fit and his beautiful girlfriend @catcucumbers (Sabina) met up with me in the heart of Seoul on a warm and sunny Sunday morning. We started out on the quaint and historic streets of the Bukchon Traditional Hanok Village where there was no shortage of interesting locations and distinctly traditional Korean rooftops and architecture. All of which made for lovely backdrops. 

I shot most of the images at this locations with the Sony Zeiss 55mm f/1.8 lens, mounted on my Sony A7RII. This combination proved most effective given that I wanted to include a fair amount of background in the images. From there, we walked a short distance to the beautiful Changgyeonggung Palace. This historic landmark features striking traditional Korean palace architecture dating back to the Joseon Dynasty (1400's). @catcucumbers suggested this location and it proved to be a real gem.

This location offered opportunities to try out a few of my other lenses, including the stunning Zeiss Batis 85mm f/1.8, one of the best portrait lenses available for the Sony FE (full frame E Mount) system. 

Our final location inside the palace grounds was perfect for a wide angle set-up. I went with the highly underrated Sony 28mm f/2 lens and threw on the Sony 21mm wide angle adapter

As the day grew warmer and the sun rose higher into the sky, the heat and bright sunlight became a challenge. We opted to move into the shade as much as possible, over-exposing the sky and background became a real concern but I think we handled it well. Both models gave tremendous effort and didn;t complain, not even when one of Sabina's high heels broke. She took it "in stride", ditching her heels for a pair of slippers we picked up at a convenience store.



Above and below... Zeiss 55mm f/1.8



Above and below... Zeiss Batis 85mm f/1.8




Above and below... Sony 28mm f/2 with 21mm wide angle adapter



I had a great time shooting with this marvelous young couple and I hope I get the opportunity to shoot with them again. It's always a pleasure shooting portrait images in a street style environment, it suits me perfectly. Fast shooting, quick adjustments, unpredictability, the excitement adds to the anticipation of seeing the end results. 

Enjoy the rest of the photo gallery and thanks for visiting my blog.

Felix











Behind the scenes photos courtesy of @the_photo.smith






No comments:

Post a Comment