Sunday, March 20, 2016

Shutter Clicks with My New Sony A7RII

I had already packed my camera bag for a day of shooting in Seoul this past weekend. The contents of said bag included my Mamiya 7 medium format film camera (which I had loaded with a roll of 35mm color film so that I could try out my newly acquired panoramic adapter), the Leica M6, loaded with a roll of Porta 400 (widely considered the best quality 35mm film available today) and my new Sony RX1RII. But at the last moment, just before stepping out the door, I switched out the RX1RII for the Sony A7RII.

I want to get some trigger time behind both of my new Sony's but after thinking about it for a while, I felt like the A7RII would suit my needs better on this particular day, and while I could have easily brought both of them along, I only wanted to concentrate and focus on one at a time. Not to mention, I had a few frames to shoot with the film cameras as well. So, the A7RII won the day because I planned to slap on the wide angle Zeiss 16-35mm f/4, Zeiss 24-70mm f/4 (which is a highly versatile lens capturing both wide angle and standard focal length, plus a little zoom) and the highly touted Sony Zeiss FE 55mm f/1.8 prime lens.

I captured most of my shots with the Zeiss 55mm, followed by the Zeiss 24-70mm and just a scant few with the Zeiss 16-35mm.

I was pleased to see that the battery lasted all day in the A7RII. Naturally, I had thrown a few extras in the bag but I didn't even need them. Yes, the battery life is less than most DSLR's but you'll be just fine unless you're shooting a lot of video and/or 4k video. If that's the case, just bring some extra batteries and perhaps a battery grip that holds two batteries.

I brought along a couple of shooting buddies, old Pete and young Caleb. We spent some time on the subway, did a little camera shopping and enjoyed a nice walk down the Cheonggyecheon Stream in downtown Seoul. the day presented plenty of nice photo opportunities...

I hope you enjoy my latest gallery!

Please make a donation to help support my artistic and photographic endeavors.
Thanks for your consideration.





























Sony A7RII with Zeiss FE 55mm








No comments:

Post a Comment