Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Bought it: Proaim 12 ft. Dolly Track with Tripod and Fluid Head

I have been eyeballing this dolly track system for some time now. I found it on eBay and did a search on YouTube to see what I could find out about it.

I was impressed with what I saw in the video and kept watching the item on eBay. My photography friend and production partner Turner and I were talking about jibs and dolly tracks and I showed him this system, he was equally impressed and then I noticed that it had gone on sale. Uh oh.

I liked this system due to its portability and ease of use. I never seriously considered the option of building a DIY dolly track because it just looked like a lot of work and I wanted something that was solid, reliable and proven. With a DIY job, especially for a dolly track, everything has to fit nicely so that you get smooth movements. And with a DIY, there's no guarantee that everything will work like it's supposed to. So I went a head and purchased a nice one. It went on sale for 37% off, I couldn't resist. One thing I might have built at a local metal shop are some extension pieces to the track itself. Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do.

What really sold me on this package deal is that it comes with the dolly track, dolly AND a nice tripod and fluid head. Wow. Can't wait to use it and show you the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment