Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sorae Fish Market with Sony A7R and Sony Zeiss 35mm f/2.8 Lens

I recently spent an afternoon at the historic Sorae Fish Market in Incheon, South Korea. It's a lively and colorful place that seafood aficionados would thoroughly. I have been finding myself selecting my Sony A7R paired with the handy Sony Zeiss 35mm f/2.8 lens for street photography. I can't ever see myself going back to a DSLR camera and bulky lenses. Mirrorless cameras such as the Sony A7R are just so convenient due to their light weight and smaller size. I recently traded a Leica Summicron 50mm f/2 lens for a Fuji X100s mirrorless camera, it should arrive in the next 7-10 days and I'll start shooting street photography with that as well. 

You can find an assortment of colorful characters and sights around the fish market and it's a treasure trove for street photographers, offering endless scenes and potential snap shots. I am not a huge fan of fish for my meals, save for good sushi, Chilaen Sea Bass or shell fish. I picked out a small lobster and medium sized King Crab for lunch. They are steamed and served along with a huge plate of raw seafood delicacies, oysters on the half shell, scallops, shrimp, clams and the like. It was a relatively expensive lunch but delicacies cost money don't they?

If you ever find yourself in the Incheon, South Korea area, I highly recommend paying a visit to the Sorae Fish Market.


























Sony A7R with Zony Zeiss 35mm f/2.8

No comments:

Post a Comment