Sunday, June 28, 2015

Leica Summicron 35mm f/2

One of the simple joys of life that soothes my soul and gives me the yummy good butterflies is when I see my name on the list for mail call. Mail is critical to the morale of soldiers, especially those deployed overseas. I recommend contacting your local USO to find out how you can send a care package to a random soldier who is serving overseas, someone just like me!

Today's package contained a beautiful Leica Summicron 35mm f/3 lens, all black, which I purchase to accompany my soon to be delivered Leica M6. The lens is quite small and compact. Almost hard to believe that this little lens produces some of the sharpest images the world has ever seen. I will through it on my Sony A7II after work today and I'll share some of the images with you in the near future. For now you'll have just have to feast your eyes on the lens, which in my estimation, is a work of art worth admiring. Even came with a Leica filter!


Leica Summicron 35mm f/2 looks right at home on my desk.




Here's what it looks like mounted on the Leica M6, all black, same set up as mine.
Photo credit: Patrick Leon



No comments:

Post a Comment