Saturday, March 5, 2016

Felix and Pete Go To Seoul

I recently spent the day shooting and camera gear shopping (and eating) with a new photography friend that I met through the Incheon-Songdo Photography Facebook group. Pete Nibi is a cool guy, an American living in Korea due to his spouse being stationed here with the US Army, just like me!

Pete was looking for a battery for his Fuji X-T10 and since I was going to Seoul the same day he was, I suggested we meet up, enjoy a day of shooting and I would be able to give him a personal tour of my favorite camera shopping areas.

I brought along a number of film cameras, including a few that I was shooting test rolls for the first time. The cameras in my bag this day included the Mamiya 7, Mamiya 645 1000s, Konica Minolta Auto S3, Minolta Himatic 7S (black body) and a Sony RX100 IV (the only digital camera in my bag on this particular day).

I already had a roll of Portra 400 in the Mamiya that I had to finish and as you can see below, that film was not really the best choice for shooting in bright daylight, however, the photo of the baby in the stroller was shot in a dimly lit alley and the colors came out quite nice!

The Mamiya 645 1000s always takes nice photos and this day was no exception, even with a roll of expired APX 100 black and white film.

I brought along the Minolta Auto S3 and the Minolta Himatic 7S because I had to put a test roll through each of them to make sure they were in good working order and they were. I've got so many film cameras that I want to test out before I leave Korea so that I can get them repaired BEFORE I leave because the prices for repair work here are very reasonable. I was quite pleased to see that both these cameras work great!

The last photos in the series, as you will quickly notice, are shot with the only digital camera in my bag that day, the small, yet mighty Sony RX100 IV. Very sharp, crisp, nice colors and great photos.

Thanks for a great day Pete, let's do it again and finish the way we did the first time, with a fabulous Korean BBQ dinner and soju!


Mamiya 7 with Portra 400 film


Pete




Mamiya 7 with Portra 400 in ideal lighting conditions, soft ambient daylight.


Mamiya 645 1000s with APX 100 (expired)


Mamiya 645 1000s with APX 100 (expired)


Mamiya 645 1000s with APX 100 (expired)


Mamiya 645 1000s with APX 100 (expired)


Minolta Himatic 7S Ilford HP5 400.


Minolta Auto S3 with Acros 100.


Minolta Himatic 7S Ilford HP5 400.


Minolta Auto S3 with Acros 100.


Minolta Himatic 7S Ilford HP5 400.


Minolta Himatic 7S Ilford HP5 400.


Minolta Auto S3 with Acros 100.


Minolta Auto S3 with Acros 100.


Minolta Auto S3 with Acros 100.


Minolta Auto S3 with Acros 100.


Sony RX100 IV












No comments:

Post a Comment