Saturday, March 7, 2015

Saturday March 7th 2015 - Street Photography Dongducheon, South Korea

I have been neglecting my outstanding Sony A99 as of late, thanks to the arrival of a new member to my camera harem, the Sony A6000. But I promised my Sony A99 Facebook group that I would take out my A99 this weekend and well, I am a man of my word. I decided to get my lazy butt dressed and out for some street photography, but not before a lengthy mid-afternoon nap. I had also decided I need the scant bit of exercise that a nice street photography walk would provide.

Street photography in Korea is a photographers dream. There are so many cool and interesting sights. There are an abundance of street markets, subway stations and the people make such irresistible subject, especially older people for some reason.

I had given some words of "encouragement" to an amateur photographer who is a little down because she dropped a really nice zoom lens for her Nikon, I think it was a 70-200. Anyway, it will only work in manual focus and she's going on vacation to Bali soon. I told her to just shoot in manual! As a result, I decided to pack my camera bag with only manual focus lenses today. They included:

Rokinon 14mm wide angle
Rokinon 35mm
Bell and Howell 85mm

And here are the results from today's street photography...








No comments:

Post a Comment