Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Video - Sony A65 Unboxing and Sample Photos (plus lenses)

I recently made a significant upgrade to my every day shooting cameras by selling my two Sony A35s and purchasing two Sony A65s. I also recently upgraded my lenses with the Sony Zeiss 24-70mm SAL f/2.8 and the Sony G Series SSM 70-300mm 4.5 to 5.6. This video provides a quick overview and unboxing of the A65 and a few sample photos from both lenses.

I also want to tell you about the seller on eBay who I purchased the Sony Zeiss 24-70mm lens from. His name is Jay and he is a partner in D Solution / DH Networks. Let me just say right off the bat that this guy is fantastic! I am currently in Korea and noticed that his business is based here. So I took a chance and emailed him asking if I could just pick up the lens I purchased directly from him, given that we are both in Korea. As it turns out, we are within driving distance of each other. Well, Jay agreed and actually drove an hour to where I was to deliver the lens in person! Wow. How many eBay sellers do you know that would do that? So when I found myself in the market for a second A65, I browsed his store first and discovered that he had a new one available for 652 dollars. I usually like to buy quality used gear but since he was nice enough to go out of his way to personally deliver the lens, I figured the nice thing to do was to give him my business and buy a brand new A65. I emailed him and made him aware of my intentions and he surprised me yet again, offering me a near mint, used A65 that wasn't listed in his store, for 450 dollars! And on top of it, he again went out of his way to personally deliver it to me. We had struck up an unlikely friendship over a couple of eBay purchases, go figure? We enjoyed a cup of coffee together and got to know each other pretty well. I invited him to my next DJ gig and we also made plans for dinner.

Do yourself a favor and check out his great deals on both his eBay store here THANKS JAY!!!- http://stores.ebay.com/digitalsolomon/ and his Amazon store here

I can't recommend him highly enough. He sells all kinds of new and used camera gear for all makes and models including Nikon, Canon and of course, Sony.

Enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment