Tuesday, July 8, 2014

How About A Little Support Here? Sevenoak SK-R01 Shoulder Support Rig Stabilizer

There is no doubt that DSLR cameras (DSLT in Sony's case) produce stunning videos, but as mentioned in the video below, the problem is that DSLRs are not designed with video in mind as far the ergonomics and the way the user grips the camera. There is a huge difference between stabilizing a camera for shooting still photos and stabilizing a camera for shooting video and that's where a shoulder rig comes into play.

I selected the Sevenoak SK-R01 for several reasons. Firstly, it looks to be made of durable aluminum and stainless steel. Secondly, I like the ease of adjustment. And lastly, it looks really comfortable. I didn't want a shoulder rig that was big or over-complicated. The Sevenoak is beauty in simplicity. I also like that it has only one handle for my off hand, leaving my other hand free to work the focus ring.

I continue to grow my inventory of cameras, equipment and accessories allowing me the best possible opportunities to produce outstanding multimedia projects.




No comments:

Post a Comment