Monday, April 21, 2014

Lens of the Day - Rokinon 35mm f1.4

My desire to capture high quality / cine-quality video on my DSLR led me to the Rokinon 35mm f1.4 lens. Although there is a cine version available, I opted for the standard version because currently, I shoot more photos than I do video, and I wanted the versatility. The lens is still highly adaptable for cine use.

With f stops from 1.4 to 22, the lens shoots well in all lighting conditions. It's one of my favorite lenses. They are priced around 300 dollars on eBay and it is available in mounts for Sony, Nikon and Canon.

Scroll down for a nice sample video...


This is one of my own sample photos shot with the Rokinon 35mm f1.4

Below you can see it set up on my Sony Alpha.




The Rokinon 35mm set up on other cameras below.






No comments:

Post a Comment