Sunday, January 10, 2016

Incheon as Captured by the Sony A6000 with Sony 28-70mm f/3.5 Lens

Come New Years Day, my Sony A6000 was still mounted with a Sony 28-70mm f/3.5 lens, the standard kit lens that comes with any of the Sony A7 line of cameras. I wanted to see exactly what this lens is capable of, so, I put no other lens in my bag New Years weekend.

I was quite hungover after the New Years Eve Party that I DJ'd and photographed but managed to muster enough motivation (after a meal of delicious and spicy Korean bone soup and a good nights sleep) to head out to several locations in the city of Incheon. My fist stop was Wolmido, where the US Army and Marines led by General MacArthur, made their infamous landing which changed the course of the Korean War. It is now a  favorite tourist spot compilete with amusements and restaurants. It's an area of ripe photographic opportunities, as you will see below. 

My day also included visits to Wolmido Mountain top Observation Platform (albeit on a hazy day), Incheon's infamous Chinatown and Jayu (Freedom) Park.

A full day of photography really allowed me to put this lens through it's paces. Is it as good as the Zeiss 24-70mm f/4 E Mount lens? No, however, for a kit lens, it holds it's own and produces sharp images with beautiful color. Enjoy the photo gallery!














































No comments:

Post a Comment