Thursday, February 26, 2015

Rokinon 14mm Wide Angle Lens - First Impressions

I was quite excited to get my new Rokinon 14mm wide angle lens, as I am with each of my new camera-related acquisitions, and wanted to post a few images and give you my first impressions.

Firstly, the lens looks to be extremely well built and sturdy. It is fairly compact, not too long in length, not too wide. It comes in a nice package and includes a felt soft case. It fits snuggly onto my Sony A99 and the manual focus ring is smooth and quiet.

I just received it yesterday and only had the chance so far to snap a few photos in my army barracks room here at Camp Casey, Korea. I'll take it out into the world this weekend. Check back for more pics.

Price $279 (eBay)


The interior of my army barracks room at Camp Casey, South Korea
Shot with Sony A99 and Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 wide angle lens


Rokinon 14mm wide angle lens


Rokinon 14mm wide angle lens


Rokinon 14mm wide angle lens


Sample image shot with Rokinon 14mm wide angle lens

No comments:

Post a Comment