Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sony SAL 70-400mm G Lens is mine, all mine!

My dream lens has arrived! This is version 1 of the Sony SAL 70-400mm G series lens and it is a monster. I lovingly refer to is as "the mother lode" due to it's size. I was worried about being able to carry it around on long shoots but as it turns out, it's not a problem at all. And it's just as easy to shoot with a monopod as without. 

The auto focus is plenty fast, quiet and smooth, image quality is outstanding as you would expect. Have a look at a couple sample images I shot down below.

So now that I have my dream lens, what next? I have all the lenses I want, so next on my list is a steadicam vest and stabilizer for video and then some new camera bodies, but that's down the road..





Sample image from the Sony SAL 70-400mm G Lens


Sample image from the Sony SAL 70-400mm G Lens

No comments:

Post a Comment